Saturday, February 18, 2017

Gardening Diary - February 18, 2017

It has been two weeks since I first planted a starter garden in pots and a reclaimed bed. The seed has germinated in all of the pots and beds and I haven't killed anything yet.


Pot 1

Pot 2 
Pot 3


Pot 4

Pot 5

Pot 6
Big Pot 1
A squirrel started digging into this pot, so I had to cover it with some fencing, too.

Big Pot 2

Bed 1
I had some leftover beet and dill seed from the planting I did two weeks ago and I found some old lettuce and pea seed, so I cleared this bed and planted them. The fencing will hopefully keep the dogs out and serve as a trellis for the peas.
Bed 2
This whole day started with some cleanup. This bed was completely overgrown and in the front of the house. I cleaned it out and transplanted some iris from another part of the yard and bought some pansies to add a little color. A little present for my bride.
Flower bed

No comments:

Post a Comment